Tuesday, November 19, 2013

It Could Be Worse


Landscaping around the lake at Cesar Chavez Park in Laveen, Arizona

After a CT scan of my chest, a PET scan of my whole body and an MRI of my so-called brain, I finally have some definitive answers about my lung cancer.

The best news is that the cancer has not spread. Whew! Unfortunately, I will have to say goodbye to the upper lobe of my left lung to ensure that the cancer is removed completely. (Did you know that there are three lobes in your right lung and two in the left? Strange.) But at least I'll have a lung and-a-half to breathe with.

Surgery will take place the week after Thanksgiving, and I should be almost back to normal by Christmas. I was worried that I would miss out on the holidays, so that's a relief. I will be hosting a family dinner the day after Thanksgiving due to scheduling conflicts of one kind and another, but as long as we all sit down to turkey and all the trimmings the date doesn't matter. 

Till next time, 

Marianne


2 comments:

smalltownme said...

Wishing you the best of luck. Thank goodness it hasn't spread.

Abby said...

Hope all goes well with your surgery and you are feeling back to yourself by the time Christmas rolls around! Stay strong! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment!